Goals 2013 and a birthday
It's true. Today is my birthday, and it's my 30th. I won't comment on how I am dealing with this particular birthday (if anyone has wonderful things to say about turning 30, for instance, how all your wildest dreams come true once you hit this milestone, I could use it!), but I will say that it has got me back to focusing on things I want to accomplish. So I give you my long overdue "Goals 2013" post:
- Continue my "Portraits" series
- Continue my Black and White series
- Complete at least 6 canvases per month
- Introduce 16 x 12” size canvas
- Complete 5 small paintings on paper per week, keeping the focus on large canvas works.
- Update mailing list quarterly
- Have postcards(2) revamped with new images, one with bio on back, one blank
- Update notecards with new images
- Update website at least once a week with new paintings and current events.
- Update blog at least once a week, preferably 3 times mostly.
- Continue to develop and improve my monthly Studio Newsletter.
- Reach out to bloggers who may be interested in what I do, quarterly
- Update Etsy site 2 times a week
- Tweak Etsy shop listing copy
- Continue to tweak Etsy tags/titles
- Review artist statement
- Update my bio picture
- Create "About" video for website
- Update my video portfolio
- Assist Derek in building our drawing storage/drying rack area in studio
- Stay on top of all ordering (painting supplies, mailing supplies, promotional materials, etc)
- Update my etsy shop “About” page, review copy and add new images
- Maintain all social networking outlets: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube channel
- Update my onesheet yet again
- Create a book showcasing my art
- Enter 1 juried show within the year
- Update my inventory at the end of each month
- Keep detailed records of travel/mileage
- Connect with my lovely mailing list people via snail mail at least twice a year
- Send out follow up mailing of onesheet/cover letter to galleries in July 2013
- Send follow up email with new work to selected contacts
- Make sure I reference this list at least twice a month to keep me on target and make this entire "goal setting" process worthwhile!
My focus this year will be about refining a consistent, powerful body of larger work, while introducing a new small canvas series. The creation of large diptych works on canvas will be a priority. At the same time, I need to make sure that I maintain a good administrative routine. Ordering supplies, tracking expenses and income for tax time, filing receipts, recording mileage, and cataloging work are just some of the un-fun parts of being an artist that I really just need to get over and do in a timely fashion. It will make my life so much easier.
3/15/2013 08:42:38 am
3/24/2013 11:59:34 am
Leave a Reply.